SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Creative and Development Assistant will work directly within the newly established Parade Development department and be responsible for supporting the development and management of team systems that will support initiatives in an effort to rapidly scale. The individual must be extremely detail oriented, have superior writing skills, have sound management skills, be a self-starter and be comfortable with a fast-paced collaborative environment. As a key member of the team, you are highly motivated with a sense of ownership with the ability to work autonomously and within the team. You will contribute to all on-going projects and new programs and heavily support sales and business development initiatives and our volunteer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and schedule internal and external meetings /appointments
- Take minutes when necessary
- Maintain proper mailing and contact lists
- Book travel, process expense reports and keep calendar (for Department Head)
- Act as point of contact for the team to ensure smooth communication to all departments, vendors, volunteers and external partners
- Stay informed of entertainment trends as they can relate to the Parade/Surrounding Programs and research various topics to support strategic initiatives
- Prepare presentations and manage budgets
- Assist as needed with Special Projects and Special Events
- Assists with operational details associated with executing the Rose Parade, including parade seating, military and special guest attendance, broadcaster arrangements, planning with the City of Pasadena and area public safety agencies.
- Support team to appropriately target potential new Parade sponsors and jump on new social /entertainment trends (both for Parade and external or surrounding events).
- Support the team in creating new salable assets and programing to better support the ToR
- Monitor event industry trends and make recommendations to keep team positioned as a leader in the industry from a creative and business standpoint.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one-year experience in event management or project management in an administrative office function.
- Familiarity with audio/visual, phone conferencing, sound system, and basic office equipment
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Works effectively with deadlines
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Adaptable and flexible with change
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good coping skills in high stress situations
- Strong relationship building skills
- Open to feedback
- MS Office Suite
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Project management certification preferred.
RESUMES should be sent to email@example.com